Due to the recent data scandal with Facebook they have made an update which affects our current Facebook integration. Learn more here.
Import Events from Facebook:
Import all Saved events (export the ICS file of your saved Facebook events).
Images don’t sync using this method. You can create a Facebook avatar with no friends, if you get invited to a personal event, that event is also added to the feed.
Save (or click ‘interested’) on the events that you want to save.
To export all saved upcoming events at once:
- Click Events on the left side of your homepage.
- At the bottom right, below Events Happening This Week, click Upcoming Events to export all upcoming events.
How to Add an Image to Imported Facebook Events with No Image:
When using methods above where images don’t sync, so you need to find the event, and add an image to it. Here’s how:
Create an avatar (so your friends don’t invite you into events as they will go live – keep your personal profile separate. Also you may want to add events to your community calendar which you don’t want your FB friends thinking you’re personally interested in).
- Good if you want to quickly add a lot of random events from different page.
- Good if you want to keep your feed limits low.
- Bad if you want image (time it takes to manually copy an image and add it over would be easier to copy the event url and just add the event as a feed)