Organize Your Calendars With Filters
You want a calendar that’s easy for your visitors to understand and navigate through. You can achieve this by properly setting up your calendar filters.
Help people sort through your calendar faster by making appropriate categories.
- Add the category name.
- Get the most out of your categories by choosing a default category image, this will show up as a thumbnail for your events on the public view when there is no featured image for the event.
- You can also choose a category color, your event titles will display in the category color helping to make your calendar standout.
- Add the tag name.
- To attach tags to events, type in the keywords that describe your event. These tags will function as links within the Calendar so users can search for and filter events effectively.
- You will see a list with all your tags where you can edit and manage them.
Add Venue – People can easily see what is happening at a specific location
- You can create venues in your calendar to simplify the process and help save you time when you are creating events.
- Fill out the required information for the venue and click Save.
- Below you will see a section with “All Venues” where you can edit or delete them.
- When you are creating a new event, your venues will be displayed in the drop down list so you can easily choose the desired ones.
- You may provide the name and contact information for the event organizer.
- Fill in the required information for the Organizer and click Save.
- Below you will see a section with “All Organizers” where you can edit or delete them.
- When you are creating a new event the organizers will be displayed in the drop down list.
Add Custom Filter Groups
Allow visitors to broaden their search beyond categories/tags. Custom filter groups are available only to Hub users.
- Create a new filter group by going to “Custom” tab > “Add Custom Filter Group”, enter a name for it (i.e. Band, Actor) and click Save. Below you will see a section with “All Custom Filters Groups” where you can edit or delete them.
- Add values to a certain custom filter group by going to the “Choose Filter Group” dropdown and choosing the desired filter group. You will then see sections to add values to that group (“Add Band”) and a table with all the values of that filter group, with the options to edit or delete them.
For Posterboard, Stream and Tile view if you do not have a featured image assigned to the event it will take photos from the following in this order:
- Event description
- Event taxonomies – categories and custom filter groups