Timely is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
MODIFICATION DATE: May 24, 2018.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of GDPR, Timely is the data controller.
1. Information Collection and Use
1.1 How we collect your data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. We collect data in the following ways:
- Website/API sign up: When you sign up for a new account, we might ask you to provide personal data to us. We ask for your contact information and may ask for your billing information when you sign up for a free product, paid product, trial product, contact us with questions or request support. You don’t have to provide us with personal data, but some parts of our websites or services may not work;
- WordPress plugin users: in order to check for updates and interact with our services, we collect information such as: Plugin version, WordPress version, Website URL and IP address;
- Third parties: We might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to improve our services and to validate the personal data you provide. We may also use third party services such as Google Analytics, which collects information about your interaction with our websites and services, allowing us to provide better user experience.
1.2 How we use your data
The collected personal data will be used in a number of ways:
- To communicate with you. This includes:
- Providing you with information you have requested from us or information we are required to send to you;
- Operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services;
- Marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- Asking you for feedback or to take part in any survey we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with);
- Billing and collecting money owed to us by you.
- To support you. This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, phone or otherwise;
- To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones. By tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services, we can keep improving by carrying out technical analysis of your data;
- To market to you. We may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms;
- To give you more relevant results when searching for events;
- The credit card information will be solely used to collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf;
- Any other way when we have your consent.
We will keep confidential any confidential information you provide to us and will not disclose it to anyone other than our employees, officers, agents, consultants or sub-contractors unless we are required to do so by law or regulatory authority
1.3 How we can share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Service Providers
We may share your Personal Information with third parties, such as vendors and service providers who provide assistance with billing, payment processing, marketing, data analytics support and service associated with the Site or Service.
- Business Partners
We may share your Personal Data with our channel partners to fulfill obligations and requests, to deliver support, and to provide users and our customer’s users with information about Timely. Timely does not control how a business partner may use your Personal Data. Our business partners are responsible for managing the use of Personal Data collected in these circumstances.
- Compliance with laws and for other legitimate business purposes.
We may share your Personal Data when we believe disclosure is necessary or required by law, regulation, to protect users, the integrity of the website or service and to defend or exercise our legal rights. We may also disclose your Personal Data when it may be necessary for other legitimate purposes as reasonably determined by Timely.
2. International Data Transfers
Your data may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country you live in, such as to the United States, where our data hosting provider’s servers are located. These countries may have laws different to what you are used to. We put safeguards in place to ensure your personal data remains protected when we disclose personal data to a third party in another country.
For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data, or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data.
Your personal data is a security priority for us. We are committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we will make sure it is deleted or anonymised.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. We will not pass on your data to third parties. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time;
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided us;
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you;
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that Timely stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications;
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.
6. User Content
User Content means any and all information or data, including, without limitation, texts, documents, data, images, photos, graphics, videos, audio and trademarks or any other content in any media and format, uploaded, posted or submitted by you about each event you create, ticket, register, host, publish, and promote or advertise (the “User Content”) in relation to the use of the Services. You are responsible for your User Content and assume all risks associated with your User Content, including, anyone’s reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness. You represent and warrant that (a) you own, or has the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of your User Content; and (b) your User Content does not infringe any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third party.
7. User Content License
You retain any and all ownership or other rights over the User Content, but grant Timely a perpetual, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable, sublicenseable, non-exclusive right and license for any purpose, including but not limited to accessing, using, posting, publishing, advertising, distributing and broadcasting the User Content and allowing others to do the same (the “Content License”). You also irrevocably waive Timely, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attributions with respect to your User Content. You acknowledge that Timely may take down or remove from a calendar any User Content at any time for any reason, including in compliance with court orders and regulatory processes. You represent and warrant that you have all rights, power and authority necessary to grant the licence under this clause.
We will retain personal information we collect from you for the period is required or permitted by law. You can request deletion of your Personal Data at any time and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
8. How to contact us
We prefer to communicate with you by email, as this ensures that you are put in contact with the right person and in accordance with any regulatory time frames. Our email is email@example.com.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Policy. Any access request may be subject to a fee of US$20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact Timely to deliver any legal notice, you can do so as follows:
TIMELY NETWORK INC.
224 West Esplanade
North Vancouver B.C. V7M 1A4
Attn: General Counsel
All notices, demands, or consents required or permitted under these Terms shall be in writing and shall be deemed delivered when sent: (a) personally; (b) by mutually recognized overnight carrier, including, but not limited to, D.H.L., Federal Express, Airborne, UPS Overnight and Priority Mail; (c) by certified or registered mail to the other party; or (d) by email to the other party.