Web Accessibility Statement
1. Measures to Support Accessibility
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Constantly track new legal requirements and recommendations.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
2. Conformance Status
Timely is conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA, which means that our website and our web-based software applications fully conform to the accessibility standard.
3. Additional Accessibility Considerations
With respect to our website, all new web pages are tested before being published. If our internal audit and testing finds an accessibility issue with a page after publishing, we fix it immediately.
The same is true for our web-based software applications. Whenever there is a new issue with accessibility, we fix it immediately. We have also integrated an accessibility check for all new features that we release. No new feature is released before our Quality Assurance team tests and approves it for accessibility.
In addition, all of our software solutions have an integrated web accessibility tool, so our users can adjust the accessibility according to their specific needs. They do not need to access any alternate interface for accessibility purposes.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Timely web-based software applications. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our software by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
5. Compatibility with Browsers and Assistive Technology
Timely web-based software applications are designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome, latest version
- Firefox, latest and extended support release (ESR)
- Edge, 2 most recent major versions
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari, 2 most recent major versions
- iOS, 2 most recent major versions
- Android, Nougat (7.0), Marshmallow (6.0), Lollipop (5.0, 5.1) and KitKat (4.4)
- Internet Explorer 10 and older
6. Technical Specifications
7. Limitations and Alternatives
- Upload images: uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 10 business days. Please use the 'report issue' button if you encounter an issue.
8. Assessment Approach
- Routine self-evaluation through continuing quality assurance and internal auditing; and
- External evaluation every 6 months by an external entity that is not involved in the design and development process.
9. Evaluation Report
10. Formal Approval of this Accessibility Statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Time.ly Network Inc.
Director of Compliance
Chief Executive Officer